Thursday, January 8, 2009

my milkshake brings all the boys to the blog.

One night over Christmas, I went to the movies with my family. On the way back, I began discussing plans for the milkshake I would make upon arriving at home. It was at that moment that Jess said,

"Caitlyn, I think you should start a blog about milkshakes."

Well, I thought it was a brilliant idea, obviously, because here we are.

I really love milkshakes. I think they are so delightful. I love getting them at diners, and ice cream shops, but I especially love making them myself. Which I do with high frequency. Seriously, when Breyers is buy one get one free at the grocery store, it's pretty much every night. I love when Breyers is buy one get one free.

So, I'm in Boston right now. I'd been at home in NC for the past two weeks, and, anticipating my arrival, my wonderful mom stocked the freezer with Breyer's chocolate, vanilla, AND mint chocolate chip. Well, I made a bunch of delicious milkshakes when I was at home. Some highlights included:

Chocolate banana (a classic, and maybe my favorite)
Chocolate espresso
Vanilla mango blueberry
Plain old chocolate

Wow. It was a good two weeks. Tuesday night, Jamie and I created a grand finale:


These were our Mint Chocolate Oreo Chip sensations -- chocolate, vanilla, and mint chocolate chip ice cream, oreo, chocolate syrup and milk. And whipped cream of course. They were delicious. I think I did a pretty nice job with presentation, too.





Jamie seemed to enjoy hers.


It was a good way to finish my stay at home.

Lucky for me, Edy's was on sale for $2.99 at the grocery store here in Boston! David and I just enjoyed some chocolate shakes tonight. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment